Twelve Mindful Months: Cultivating a Balanced & Fit Body, Mind & Spirit
by Carol Tibbetts
On the journey towards both physical and emotional wellness, the trail at times can be rocky, impassable, or barely visible. I, too, have bush-whacked or stumbled my way through those treks, sometimes finding myself on the wrong road, or lost, or back where I started from. Twelve Mindful Months… is a compilation of the information that was most helpful to my clients and me in the journey towards a healthier and more authentic life. May this book serve as a navigation guide to help you break through old pathways and carve new trails to a healthier future, as you cultivate a balanced and fit body, mind & spirit.
We are so flooded with information on the subjects of fitness, nutrition and mindfulness that it makes it difficult to discern what may and may not be true, or what concepts are most important. Twelve Mindful Months… compiles exercise, healthy eating, and mind/body tips from respected authorities and sources that have had the most impact and results for those people I have guided over the course of my 30-year fitness and wellness career.
- Each chapter includes color photos captured on walks outside, to inspire awareness & appreciation for the simple beauty found in the imperfection of nature.
- Each chapter weaves nature and a seasonal theme together, suggesting ways to go more with the outdoor “green” world.
- Each chapter contains three tips each on fitness, healthy eating, and mindfulness that relates to the theme. Choose one suggestion from each of the three tiers of wellness to incorporate monthly into your life. Making three small lifestyle changes one-month-at-a-time makes success easy to achieve.
- Each chapter is a part of a cohesive whole – although the book can be started in any month (when you begin to read it) and includes an attached satin ribbon to bookmark your page.
- Each chapter concludes with theme-related journaling prompts to help you learn the art of mindfulness and guide you through the process of self-discovery, and two colorful journaling pages to write on.
In May 2013,Twelve Mindful Months received Honorable Mention for best spiritual book in the Eric Hoffer awards, in addition to being selected to the “short list” of finalists for the grand prize. The annual award was established at the start of the 21st century in memory of the great American philosopher to honor free-thinking writers and independent, academic, and small press books of significant merit.
Winners were covered in the U.S. Review of Books.